In line with our broader initiative to consolidate the current knowledge about how firms build future orientation, Cinzia, Katharina, Alberto and I will edit a special issue in Futures. In comparison to our first special issue, which we focus entirely on corporate foresight, this time we will open the perspective further.
The goal of this special issue is to explore how future orientation can be build by
- enhancing corporate planning to make the firm better capable to deal with fast-emerging issues and multiple possible futures
- abandon mid and long-range planning altogether and build resilience and strategic flexibility through structural means.
To discuss contributions ahead of the formal review process and to facilitate exchange between authors we organize special tracks within the next ISPIM events:
- ISPIM Annual Conference 2012, 17-20 June 2012, Barcelona, Spain, http://conference.ispim.org
- ISPIM Innovation for Financial Service Summit, 19-21 September 2012, Luxembourg, http://luxsummit.ispim.org/
- ISPIM Symposium 2012, 9-12 December 2012, Seoul, Korea, http://symposium.ispim.org (submission deadline for outlines 14 September 2012)
- ISPIM Annual Conference 2013, June 2013, Helsinki, Finland (submission deadline for outlines 31 December 2012)
In addition you can also submit idea outlines to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on this special issue you can access the full call for papers here.