Per Dannemand Andersen from the Danish Technical University (DTU) invites you for the 5th edition of this full week PhD course on foresight research and practice.
- Introduction to foresight, foresight methods, and core foresight concepts such as expectations, visions, trends and megatrends
- Foresight in science, technology and innovation policy and in long term energy and environment planning
- Foresight in firms in relation to technology strategy and innovation management
- Introduction to foresight methods such as: Scenarios, Visioning, Backasting, Delphi, and Data Mining
- Design of foresight exercises
- Publishing in the area of foresight
Completing the course will enable you to
- Identify and describe quantitative and qualitative methods of strategic foresight and their theoretical foundations
- Understand the societal context in which strategic foresight is practiced
- Understand foresight’s role in science, technology and innovation policy
- Understand foresight’s role in firm’s technology strategy and innovation management
- Interpret and analyse the relation between context, conditions and outcomes of foresight
- Compare, select and apply concepts and methods of foresight, e.g. simple scenario processes, backcasting, Delphi surveys, and data mining in foresight
- Identify challenges in relation to facilitating foresight processes involving experts, transdisciplinarity and domains of conflicting interests
- Assess and discuss the implementation of strategic foresight in engineering
The course also provides a highly international experience. Previous participants came from Austria, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iran, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden and the UK. You will also meet colleagues from diverse academic background, with engineering and business administration being typically the two largest groups.
- Per Dannemand Andersen Professor at DTU’s Department of Management Engineering
- Cynthia Selin, Marie Curie Fellow at DTU’s Department of Management Engineering, Associate Fellow at University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School, and Assistant Professor at School of Sustainability at Arizona State University.
- Senior researcher Marie Münster, senior researcher Kristian Borch, and researcher Kalle Piirainen, all from DTU’s Department of Management Engineering.
- René Rohrbeck, Professor of Strategy, Department of Management, Aarhus University.
- Scott Cunningham, Associate Professor at Delft University of Technology’s Faculty of Technology Policy and Management.