As we have reported earlier, we have decided to revive our series of corporate foresight conference. At the same time we decided to broaden the scope and also include the discussion on organizational future orientation (the figure below shows our overall scope).
To revive our conference series we decided to team-up with ISPIM. This collaboration allows us also to strengthen the exchange with the innovation management community, which we see as an additional benefit.
In this first round of the collaboration we received over 20 papers of which we selected 16 to be presented at the conference. My personal TOP 5 papers are (in alphabetic order):
- Exploring the organizational design for resilience and foresight presented by Cinzia Battistella (University of Udine)
- Foresight and Open Innovation at Volkswagen: Creating strategic value by combining Scenario & innovation Market Method presented by Caroline Rudzinski (Volkswagen)
- Foresight-oriented product-service systems presented by Sebastian Ley (Unity AG)
- Learning from the future – modelling scenarios based on normativity, performativity and transparency presented by Henning Breuer (Deutsche Telekom AG)
- Supporting Technology Product Planning processes with Serious Gaming presented by Edward Faber (T-Xchange)
In addition we also used the conference to discuss our ongoing activity of reviewing the relevant literature in the field. If you are interested in our draft version of the article you can download it here:
Rohrbeck, R. and Bade, M. (2012) Environmental Scanning, Futures Research, Strategic Foresight and Organizational Future Orientation: A Review, Integration, and Future Research Directions. XXIII ISPIM Annual Conference, Barcelona, Spain.
You can also download our full conference report here.